A Bag of Books
SUBTITLED: Better late than never!
There's a used & antique bookstore here in town that I think I could live in. It's organized, looks inviting, smells nostalgic (is that really a scent?), has old-album-lined walls, and the owner is so helpful, I could hug him unconscious.
It's a fantastic experience just browsing, not having really any particular genre or title in mind, and then spying something you've wanted for eons.
Susan Powter's "Stop the Insanity" was just such a find. Read it in three days. More on that in a later post.
(Kiddo got early Christmas presents of "The Complete Works of Edgar Allen Poe", and "A Man Named Dave" by Dave Pelzer.)
Lately, I've been haunting the forums of AbsoluteWrite again, catching up on old threads I'd missed over the last several months. I found a thread where members were discussing good vampire novels, so, of course, I jotted a few authors' names down on a scrap of paper as I was leaving for the bookstore.
Luck is seldom with me when I really have my heart set on a cetain book, so I didn't expect to find "When Darkness Falls" by Shannon Drake, But there it was. WooHoo! Just stared reading it last night.
Early Christmas presents to myself, John-Boy
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:books







0 comments:
Post a Comment