Friday, December 15, 2006

King of Understatement

Two nights ago, Daddy-O was asleep in his rig in a truckstop in Kentucky. At 11:30 p.m., another trucker (we'll call him "The Blind Guy") was trying to back in next to Daddy-O's truck and ran his trailer down the side of Daddy-O's tractor. Munched the driver's side, scared the hair off Daddy-O, (he sleeps in the bunk with his head on that side, but he didn't get hurt)then the guy starts to pull away. At first, he thought Blind Guy was skee-daddlin', and laid on the horn, but in hindsight, he was just pulling his rig up and out of the way.
Law was called. Information was exchanged. The officer couldn't write a report because evidently, they don't have jurisdiction in parking lots.
(I didn't know that)
The Blind Guy kept saying it was his fault. Daddy-O says, "You be it is. I was asleep." Blind Guy kept saying the lot was too dark, and kept putting on and taking off his glasses.HMmm.

AnyWho...Yesterday morning when he and I spoke, I could tell he was a tad aggravated, in a daze, and generally tired from lack of sleep, but he didn't seem freaked out. Then again, men (or at least mine) are the kings of understatement. This morning when we spoke, he said he didn't get any sleep last night either. Said he slept with one eye and one ear open - just in case. Must have shook him up more than I thought.
Glad he's coming home tonight!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That must have been a scare! I'm glad all is well though. At least blind guy was honest and wants to make it right. Poor guy!

Wishing you a Happy New Year! Take good care.