Germs for Christmas
I had a great time yesterday shopping with my folks and my youngest sister. We went to Michael's, Bed, Bath & Beyond and Jo-Ann Fabrics. I snagged some presents for Kiddo and her cousin, and we ate lunch at McGilvery's (I can spell it, but I'm ashamed to admit, this [mixed]Irish mom can't pronounce it).
It was precious fun to reconnect with my sister, after having been away so long. We decided it would be cool to work closing at Jo-Ann Fabrics, just so we could roll naked in the fuzzy fabric isle. Yup, we bonded.
We most likely also will be sharing the same nasty-germy cold bug from an employee who was stocking merchandise. As sis and I prowled the Christmas bulb isle, the lady had a coughing fit right in front of us - - - WITHOUT EVEN COVERING HER MOUTH! Good Grief people... she just spewed germs like invisible pellets from a BB gun...and we turned the corner quick.
We got to the checkout lane and it was snaked around barriers, like at the bank, and was moving along like stagnant water. Someone called over the speaker for more cashiers...and who do I get? Mrs. Germy. Loverly. As she turned to the register to tear off my receipt, she was overcome with another coughing attack, and simultaneously turned towards me... I snatched the receipt. Too late to run. I'm sure I was already enveloped in her toxic cloud.
I realize that when a person is an employee who works with the public, they are bound to catch something from a customer. But, day-um, as a customer, I sure don't want to catch something from an employee. Sorry for the bit of rant, but that just rubs my fuzzy fabric the wrong way.
Cover your mouth, John-Boy
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:germs
Technorati Tag:Christmas Shopping







0 comments:
Post a Comment