Friday, August 11, 2006

School Daze

School starts Monday. We enrolled Kiddo just in time.

A very strange feeling came over me while sitting in the guidence councelor's office.
For a few short moments, I felt embarassed to be there.
The councelor was speaking to Kiddo about schedule choices. I was given about 15 muti-colored sheets to fill out, but they continued talking while I was reading over these sheets. Now, I know that some days I can multi-task better than others, but I wanted to say, "Wait until I get done reading over the papers before you make any big decisions."

Was my only purpose for being there "Guardian Signature"? I felt ignored...just a little.

Was I in denial? Was she ready to make out her Sophomore schedule without any input from me? We raise them to the best of our ability and hope they are level headed enough to make their own decisions, then is seems that when they do, a Mom sort of feels left out.

I did get my say on two things... she chose Theater and Journalism...and I kept signing. Sigh.



I forgot about the book rental, John-Boy
The Happy Medium

0 comments: