Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The "About Me" List

I've seen other bloggers do a "My 100 things" , and I meant to assemble something like that for my 50th post... but I get side-tracked easily (read: procrastinate). So here it is, post 70-something, and the list isn't even half of 100, but I had to get this out of my head. My hope is to post, then re-work it and that's just sad.

The "“About Me"” List

  1. I was born in Northern Indiana
  2. I ha’ve lived in South Carolina
  3. I just moved back to Central Indiana from Louisiana
  4. I lived 50 miles NW of New Orleans when Hurricane Katrina hit.
  5. I got married a week after graduating high school.
  6. We've been married 19 years.
  7. My first car was a 1968 Pontiac GTO.
  8. I am an Irish, redheaded Taurus and– so is my husband.
  9. I only have one child because I only wanted one child.
  10. I'’m not five foot tall.
  11. Twice in my life I've had to loose almost 30 pounds.
  12. I'm in the middle of doing it One. Last. Time.
  13. I wasn't as heavy when I was nine months pregnant as I was at my heaviest weight.
  14. I'’ve had more than 15 jobs in 20 years.
  15. Someday, I'’ll have the guts to do a stand-up routine.
  16. ...Probably about sex.
  17. My perfect job would be novelist.
  18. ...next would be book store owner.
  19. ...though, I've entertained the notion of owning a bed & breakfast or a restaurant.
  20. As a teen, I wanted to write like S. E. Hinton.
  21. ...Then I discovered Stephen King.
  22. If I had the time, money and inclination, I'd probably stalk him.
  23. When I was very young, I wanted to be a poet.
  24. My perfect place to live would be a cabin in the middle of acres and acres of woods.
  25. I love hiking the Blue Ridge Mountains.
  26. I love camping, but haven't done it in four years.
  27. I intend to change that.
  28. I must be surrounded by books, paper and pens.
  29. ...And houseplants.
  30. Rarely have I ever tossed or given away a paperback, even if I only paid a quarter for it.
  31. As a teen, I rode my ten speed daily.
  32. I'm just now rekindling my love of riding.
  33. I took up acrylic painting while living in Louisiana because I missed the fall colors of Indiana.
  34. I can paint a decent maple tree.
  35. I can be gregarious, but I crave aloneness.
  36. I was diagnosed with "“a touch of"” (shrink's words, not mine) bi-polar eleven years ago, after my best friend died in a car wreck.
  37. I can barely remember any of my new neighbors'’ names, but I know all their pets'’ names.
  38. to be continued...

I'm blocked, John-Boy
The Happy Medium

0 comments: