Yesterday, The Perfect Day
Yesterday was as close to perfect as I could have hoped for. I won't bore you with the play-by-play of house cleaning, but everything I set out to accomplish, I achieved. (That's pretty good for me, since I'm only inclined to clean sporadically & when the cleaning-bug bites.)
I have this feeling that someone's going to call and want to look at the house. It's been up for sale for two weeks. With FEMA setting up 200 trailers 15 miles from here, I thought I'd be getting more bites.
Under writing accomplishments: I sent off a batch of previously-rejected Mother's/Father's Day ideas, and I have a batch of birthday ideas ready to go to the same company today. These were some of the ones I thought I'd have turned in by Monday, but Daddy-O made a surprise visit home for two days and I don't write when he comes home, in fact I don't do a damn thing but toodle around with him. Man, I love it when we toodle!
In other writing endeavors: I volunteered to do two greeting card assignments for the writer's forum. Cassie was ecstatic when I PM'd her about it. They are such a fun bunch of folks. I learn so much from them.
There were other little accomplishments, milestones, and things that made me smile, but I'm not going to post them, frankly, because I'm feeling another great day comin' on and I'm ready to run with it.
Carpe Diem, John-Boy
The Happy Medium







0 comments:
Post a Comment