Friday, March 03, 2006

Greeting Cards - Again - Finally

I've been in greeting card mode all week. The past three days I've been racking my brain and pounding the keyboard. I've never been happier! I've been jotting ideas down in little note pads, but it's been some months since I've actually sat down at the computer and brainstormed for any length of time. One submission (of totally new material) went out yesterday, and three more subs should be ready by Monday and I haven't even begun to enter all the ideas from the little note pads.

For the remainder of the time we're in Louisiana, I'm only going to submit to companies that I know accept e-mail. Sometimes ideas won't come back for months, and I don't want to take the chance that a snail-mail sub won't follow me to Indiana. (It's possible that I'm over-thinking/over-worrying this)
~~~~~~

If you've ever thought you might like to try writing cards (or bumper stickers, or calendars or...)

Greeting Card Tips & Markets: (for artists too)
By far the best book to help a writer break into this market. Market guidelines and an active private message board.

Sell The Fun Stuff: Writers' And Artists' Market Guidelines For Greeting Cards, Posters, Rubber Stamps, T-shirts, Aprons, Bumper Stickers, Doormats, And More! by Jenna Glatzer


Be Zen with the Pen (er, keyboard) John-Boy,
The Happy Medium

0 comments: