Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The "Post-Flu" Post

After spending 1/2 a paycheck on cold medicine, vapo-rub, soup and tissues, I'm back in the saddle (more or less).

Last week, I postponed the meeting with the Tax Guy. I knew I wasn't coherent enough to sit down with him. I don't totally understand him even when I'm on top of my game. Tomorrow evening: Bring on the Long Forms! I can take it.

Today's agenda: Clear the clutter.
I've come up with a new filing system for all my writing. Ok, not just my writing. I have scraps of paper with phone numbers, tiny tablets with three sheets left in them, Post-Its with half a poem scribbled on them, 3x5's with passwords from 1999, grocery lists from two weeks ago, old writer's magazines, print-outs...I am a great piler of paperwork, and the piles just keep getting shifted from one spot to another.
ENOUGH!
Since we'll be moving in about 3 1/2 months, It would be easy to just chuck all these piles into boxes and tell myself I'll sort them out when we get to Indy, but I don't want to spend hours trudging through this mess when we get to a new place.
So, no more lamenting...it's time to get organized.
(I'm betting this will help me better prepare for next year's meeting with the Tax Guy)
Get Organized!
Filing Systems:
A Four-Step Formula That Really Works
By: Sally Allen

I found a neat quote at that website:
"When you’re accumulating, you can’t imagine throwing the stuff out; when you’re throwing stuff out, you can’t imagine how you accumulated! " Real Simple Magazine

Get to work, John-Boy
The Happy Medium

0 comments: