Recipes, Fitday, Etc.
Just thought I would pop in while the plumbers are tearing up my house. UGH!
I have been reading lots of interesting information at 3fatchicks.com. (Did you know cottage cheese is a good source of protein?)Working on getting healthy again and keeping the weight from getting worse while not smoking. You will be happy to know I am still not smoking (though I am swearing and drinking more!)
The ladies on 3FC use Fitday.com to journal their food/nutrition intake. I am finding it a real eye-opener over the last two days in terms of calories etc. Wonderful, useful tool. It has a spot for keeping track of exercise, too, but it seem to over estimate calories burned. (Trying to stay within 1300-1500 cals/day)
I found a new recipe site today. I Googled "calories for peanut chicken" and found Recipezaar.com. Now this is supercool because it lists the nutrition facts down the side. This is the first site I have found that does this for a whole recipe (if you know of others please list them in a comment.)
My new mini-goal is to cut back on coffee from a whole pot to 3 cups per day.
OH - forgot to tell you... I gotta job! It's at McDonald's. Full time. Decent pay actually, because it's a freakishly busy store. The busier, the better. I love a fast pace (fast pace burns calories!), and I do enjoy the work. As far as grubbing on the food when I get a break... I don't get serious hankerings for fast food, so my plan is to stick with salads for the most part.
Everybody wish Kiddo Happy Sweet 16 tomorrow!
Well, that's it. Time to write the plumber's a check. More than $500 and it is NOT fixed. We get to finish it ourselves. By digging up and replacing 3 foot section outside, we will save another $800. I guess that is positive, eh?
What smells bad in here, John-Boy?
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:fitday
Technorati Tag:diet







1 comments:
Post a Comment