Getting Fit with No Excuses
Oodles of us have made the resolution to loose weight and get fit. (Groan with me now)
Here are some diet tips from noexcusesgym.com:
Items to avoid at the salad bar (1/2 c. peas=70 calories)
Portion Control (I knew soup was a good thing)
Some specific points I'd like to work on...
I vow (hold up your hand):
...to become a Nibbler (sounds like Futurama, eh?) and a Grazer (I'm picturing a gazelle for some reason) of fruits and veggies.
...to pass on seconds.
...to not eat after __________ o'clock.
...to read the labels before buying anything.
...to find new ways to cook healthier meals.
...to cut out margarine and mayo.
...to try a new fruit or veggie I've never had before.
...to walk at least three times a week.
...to stop snacking straight from the bag
...to regularly post accomplishments & backslides on here for accountability
...did I say "walk" already?
...to get back into Tae-Bo & some weight training
I totally don't want to weigh myself this first time. Guess I need to vow to stop feeling so freaking guilty and don't think, just DO! Also I need a goal. The vows above aren't. If I need to loose 20 pounds, should the goal be a date, or a reward? (The weight loss and discipline are it's own reward, but still...) I haven't sorted that out yet.
Need need a dangling carrot, John-Boy
The Happy Medium![]()
Technorati Tag:diet







0 comments:
Post a Comment