Thursday, January 11, 2007

Armed & Famous

The first episode of Armed & Famous turned out to be better than I thought it was going to be. I was actually quite surprised that they showed Indiana in a decent way. I was sure they were going to portray Indiana people as a bunch of backwoods hicks. (I am, but that doesn't mean everybody is.)
I was shocked (in a good way) to see that, for the most part, the celebrities took the job seriously. C'mon - how serious can anybody be after being on Jackass (Jason)? He earned a wee bit more respect from me then he previously had. Ponch (Eric)- yes I watched every episode of CHiPs - still looks darned good in uniform. Thank the Gods Jack cleaned up his act. He may make something of himself yet. LaToya should know how to shoot a gun. She grew up in Gary, fer cryin' out loud - where all the store windows have bars on them and you pray your car doesn't stall while driving through. I almost wet myself when she tried to stick a dollar bill into the coin slot at the laundomat! Trish Stratus - Googled her this morning - had no clue who she is. Fitness Model/Pro Wrestler. O-K, no wonder she's the only one that wanted to be shot with the taser.
As for the Muncie Police Department- I don't think the show cast them in a bad light at all. They were professional and curteous.
I'll keep watching, John-Boy
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:
Technorati Tag:
Technorati Tag:

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I didn't realize that was being filmed in Indiana!! I'll have to make a point to watch next time... when is it on?

ZenJen~ said...

I think they are re-airing the first one again tonight (Thurs).
It's on CBS on Wednesdays, 8 p.m. ET/PT
Here's the CBS Link for it - http://www.cbs.com/primetime/armed_and_famous/