Power Walk & Other Healthy News
OK, I've hiked, strolled, mosied, sauntered, stumbled, staggered, skipped, and well, I'm not really built for it- so I've never jogged...BUT...
For the first time yesterday, I Power Walked! Arms in motion, tummy tucked. For two miles of city blocks Kiddo and I pressed on.
One very good thing: no one laughed at us (that I could hear). And if you don't think that's a valid concern, you've never been heavy.
In fact, some 'ole boy sitting in front of the library gave me the peace sign. I gave it right back and kept stride. (He was probably worried I'd keel over. On second thought, he was probably just a pervert ;-p )
I'm not sore at all this morning, though I was a "good" sore yesterday afterwards. on small gripe is that I've done something to the outside of my right heel. It screamed most of the way, but I ignored it.
(Spring in Indiana is a beautiful time to walk-pretty colors!)
Rewarded myself with YOU: On A Diet. by Dr. Oz & Dr. Roizen. Been wanting that book since I saw them on Oprah for the first time. Started reading last night. Got as far as where to measure yourself... at your belly button and tape should be parallel to the floor. (I haven't measured myself since high school "Diet & Exercise" class)
Bought, cooked, ate eggplant for the first time yesterday. I cut it into fat circles, smeared BBQ sauce on them and put them in the George Foreman Grill for about a minute. Daddy-O spit it out. Kiddo ate one piece, and I ate the rest of it. Eggplant sort of tastes like fried green tomatoes/fried zuccini/fried cucumbers. (Biting it raw is kinda icky) I'd like to scope out some better healthy recipes and give it another try.
(BTW: the rest of the meal included zuccini strips and catfish fillets both cooked on the GF Grill with a dab of EVOO and italian spices. Dessert was fat free cottage cheese mixed with low sugar blackberry jam)
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:diet
Technorati Tag:exercise







0 comments:
Post a Comment