Fast Food Bits and Pieces
{Little disclaimer here: I seriously hope y'all don't think I'm pushing McDonald's food on anybody. I like working fast food 'cause it's, well, fast. If I had to work in an office again, I'd claw my own eyes out. (A few office jobs I wouldn't turn down) In an ideal world, I'd be out of a job because Americans would shun fast food altogether...then I'd go to work somewhere making veggie dishes for my community. I don't see that happening in my lifetime, do you? Maybe in our children's' (if we teach & set half-way decent examples.)
Until the "Slow-Food Utopian Revolution" happens, I'd just like to be able to help myself and anyone reading by pointing out where to find some better choices. }
Did I tell y'all I got a job at McDonald's? It's panning out to be part-time, which is cool beans.
The nice, yet tricky part is that I get a meal free if I work over five hours. I'm looking at this is one more opportunity to hone my label-reading skills.
Here's the ingredient list for all McD's food.
Did you know The first ingredient in Southwestern Chipotle Barbeque Sauce is High fructose corn syrup...EEK
On the website, they have a neat feature called "Bag-A-McMeal". Just add a sandwich, order of fries, or salad, and it will calculate calories, sodium and more.
OK, I've run out of time and need to get ready for work. I think I'll have a honey mustard grilled snack wrap today. (260 Calories)
The Happy Medium
Technorati Tag:diet
Technorati Tag:McDonalds







3 comments:
The honey mustard snack wrap sounds good. I ate at Wendy's the other day and had a grilled chicken sandwich - it was good, and not too many calories.
I didn't know the first ingredient in the chipotle sauce is HFCS. It is very sweet, so I guess that is why. HFCS is just like sugar - I always try to eat it in moderation.
I've had the grilled chicken at McD's several times now, but I'm trying to steer more away from the bread/buns. I also have a major weakness for mayo...like you said MODERATION!
I like McD big mac! Yummy-yummy!hehehe
Post a Comment