Is it just me??
OVERWHELMED=yup, that's today's word.
Is it just me, or are secretaries and business people not able to keep their shit together anymore?
Last Monday I faxed paperwork to the mortgage lady, who didn't tell me until Thurday that the fax was not readable. I re-sent it today, but now I can't reach her by phone to make sure she got it ok.
Last Tuesday I set it up with the bank to order the title to the trailer and on Thursday, I would meet my buyer at the bank, while Daddy-O was home, exchange money and title, then go to the notary.
The buyer couldn't get off work.
So... I rescheduled the meeting for today, even though Daddy-O had to go back on the road, which meant we couldn't go to the notary, but at least we could get clear title. The meeting was scheduled for 3 p.m. At 1:30 I called the bank to double-check it was still a "go". No one could find my title. Turns out the main bank sent my title to the wrong branch, and they're not sure, but it should be at my bank branch tomorrow.
I still had to drive to the bank and meet the buyer, because there was no way to get hold of him and tell him not to come.
Is it just me, or does everyone have to do things twice to complete them once?
Is it just me, or doesn't anyone say "I'm sorry" anymore? If they do, it's spoken in monotone.
Is it just me, or does other people find that the older they get, the less toleration they have to deal with this kind of stupidity?
(I don't remember getting this ticked off when I was 25.)
Maybe I'm pre-menopausal.
Maybe I need to do some deep-breathing.
...And this, too shall pass...
life
Bang head here, John-Boy
The Happy Medium







4 comments:
I think that customer service changed meaning somewhere down the line - I experience the same kind of grief you got - and folk just think it's ok.
I had a run in with a phone customer service gal who just plain hung up on me. When I called back I got a gentleman who was polite, helpful and had perfect English. I wish there were a way to give him points and that folk like him got bonuses based on those points.
I hope today went better!
I really do tell the extremly helpful, caring ones to go tell their boss they should get a raise.
The "other" ones - I tell them I need to talk to their supervisor.
I feel ya! Sorry for the bad day. I know that I'm less tolerable these days, especially if I'm paying for a service. Makes you wonder why some people have certain jobs. I agree with (the happy medium)in acknowledging the ones who are extremely helpful and for those who are not - contacting their supervisor, or their supervisor's supervisor of any problems, attitudes or negligence.
Days later - and either of these things are solved yet.
I am looking forward to the day I get to yank all our money (It's millions, I tell ya) out of this bank.
Post a Comment