Found A House!
I didn't want to jinx it - but...
We FINALLY had an offer accepted on a house in Boone County. We're down to inspection, appraisal, titlework, homeowner's insurance and all the other little sticky bits of paperwork. Aiming to close by July31st.
The quaint place where we're going to put down our wagon wheels is an 1870's bungalow in a quiet, well-kept neighborhood in a smallish town northwest of Indy. In case my country-bumpkin-ness doesn't show through my writing, I'll tell you straight out...I've never lived in town (I don't count the winter I spent in a second story apartment with an 18 month-old baby).
After a five month, five county search, there wasn't a worthwhile, affordable ranch house to be found. It was a strange concept to change my way of thinking after 37 years and wrap my brains around the possibility that our family could become "townies" - and just what that entails.
Living here with my folks (and house-sitting for my youngest sister) has given me some insight.
I do like the fact that everything a family needs (Wally World, bank, fast food, slow food, shopping, doctors and school) are all within ten minute's drive. I'm learning that not all backyards in town make one feel as vulnerable as a newborn squirrel waiting for a hawk to swoop. Well-placed shrubs are my friends. I've also learned that sidewalks aren't as soothing as wooded paths, but have their own charm after dark.
I'll keep y'all up to date as this here country mouse gets city-fied.
family
It's a new chapter, John-Boy
The Happy Medium







0 comments:
Post a Comment