Home Again
900 miles... That's the longest trip I've ever driven. Kiddo and I rolled along in our trusty Chevy Lumina, sandwiched between Daddy-O, who was in the lead with the U-haul, and G-Ma and G-Pa, who brought up the rear.
We made it here to Brownsburg safe and sound with only a backache and a sunburn on my left arm.
Wonders we've enjoyed so far:
Lush GREEN Grass: In true redneck style, I've gone everywhere (that I didn't have to be proper) barefoot. Nothing in Indiana grass will hurt you. (OK, an occasional bee-but no fire ants.)
Cool Breezes: As it should be, the flora is always in motion. Refreshing.
Country Roads: John Denver knew what he was talking about. Curvy, windy, hilly, twisty - tummy-tickler roads. Four ways to get where you want to go.
Hiking: My sister, H., niece L., Kiddo and I went walking at Eagle Creek. We ate pounds of mulberries. I hadn't eaten a mulberry in four years. We sported stained tongues, saw cranes, skipped stones and picked wild flowers.
Food: Best place so far: Gyros at "Sweet Home Chicago". Met the Owner. He seems like a decent guy. He has a "Help Wanted" sign in the window. (Why do I always gravitate to food jobs?)
House-Hunting: An exhausting task. Found one that was just right for the family, (after roaming five counties) but it was bank-owned and they began a bidding-war with buyers. I decided not to play that game, and so the hunt continues. At least we have the financing in place to make an offer the same day we find the next property.
There's so much more to say, but I'll stop for now. The House-Hunt continues!
family
Indiana
It's good to be back, John-Boy
The Happy Medium







0 comments:
Post a Comment