Saturday, January 28, 2006

What to say in the first one?

I've kicked the idea of blogging around for quite some time. Until today, I didn't know what I wanted out of it... but I knew what I didn't want. I didn't want it to be another "Griping Woman's Soundingboard" or "My life is boring, so please read my drivel". Nope, those bases are covered.
I realized today, I wanted to blog about the little things that make life sparkle. I want a record of what makes my heart glad, what makes me think in a different way, what soothes me, what comforts my mind and soul and what brings out my inner child. It may be an outing, a song, book, the particular scent of a candle or a quote.
Ending tonight's post on some positives:
* There's rain steadily tapping on the roof tonight. Looking forward to crawling between the sheets. Knowing I don't need to wake to an alarm.
* My kiddo is sleeping. Grateful I have her. Grateful she's safe.
* Spoke to husband (he's a truck driver). Thankful he's doing fine. The rig's moving forward-we're making some bucks.
* I wasn't listening to any music tonight while composing this, but in my head I keep replaying a line from the "O Brother, Where Art Thou" soundtrack. From "Go to sleep ye little baby" (I'll look this up later to be sure of the title) the line is:"Come lay your bones by the alabaster stones." What a fantastic line!

G' Night, John-Boy
The Happy Medium

0 comments: